Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One Compared to Many

Author's Note: I was thinking before about how small a blade of grass is, and how it is almost nothing compared to a field. It reminded me of how small we are compared to the billions of people in this world. So here is a piece that explains what I was thinking:

In this world, there are many things that cannot be done alone. Alone, one blade of grass cannot cover a field. Alone, one drop of water cannot fill an ocean. Alone, one grain of sand cannot create a beach. However, when paired with many, each of these objects can do things that affect the world. This is evident with humans, too. When we work alone, we can only do so much; nothing compared to the work of many. However, if we join together, there are very few things that we cannot do. Right now, we are just blades of grass, drops of water, grains of sand, but soon, with the help of others, we will be able to create fields, oceans and beaches.

4 comments:

  1. This is truly a good piece. When you were telling me about this idea, I was really excited to see what you would whip up :) I love how you relate it to beaches, oceans and fields -- very good comparison. NICE JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I lovee this! It is soo true, by ourselves we cannot accomplish as much as we would be able to with the help of others. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen- this piece is astonishing. It truly makes the reader consider that many people can accomplish great things when working together. This piece reminds me of the song "Send it On".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, this sort of genuine thinking is somehting I will miss. While you probably just cranked this out, I loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete