Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fog

Walking into a world unknown; fog thickening, disappearing into the blanket of mist. No one; no person, animal, any living thing there to give comfort. Talking, yelling, barking, these sounds swarm my ears, reminding me who was there, but is not here. Tripping over nothing, falling to the cold, harsh ground. Falling into blackness, a black hole. Nothing to give me warmth, reminding me of what was there, but is not here. Thinking of things to come, of the future; thinking of things before, of the past. Thinking of escape, but not succeeding. Thinking of changes, accommodating. I am not there, I am here.


Walking into worlds unknown
Fog thickening
Disappearing
From the earth

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Good use of semicolons, repetitive initial pattern, and varying sentence lengths. Next time if I were you I wouldn't use words in all caps, unless they add some sort of effect, because they interrupt the flow of the piece. I also like the the soft simplicity of the poem you created from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome piece of writing. Like Jacob said, your use of semi colons is very good. Next time try to have a little better sentence lengths....at the end your sentences started becoming much smaller.

    ReplyDelete